St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church
Greek Folk Dance Program
Guidelines for Dancers
1. All Dancers are required to have a registration form updated annually. Registration packages are available on registration day, the first day of class, by mail, and from the church office.
2. Dancers under 18 years of age are required to be registered and regularly attend the St. Nicholas Sunday school. Dancers from other Christian Orthodox Churches can attend Sunday School at their church.
3. Parents of all dancers up through the age of 18 years, are required to have an ongoing stewardship commitment supporting the Greek Orthodox Church, or another Christian Orthodox Church.
4. All dancers no longer claimed as dependants by parents are required to have an ongoing stewardship commitment supporting the Greek Orthodox Church, or another Christian Orthodox Church.
5. Adult dancers, and parents of all dancers under the age of 18 years are required to read and agree to the Dance Program’s by-laws including the attached documents Rules and Regulations, Practices and Performances, Guidelines for Dancers and Guidelines for FDF.
6. Parents and older dancers are required to actively participate in the groups fundraising events and must be willing to help in the various projects and needs of the groups.
7. Parents, directors and dancers may, with Dance Board approval, organize and execute additional fundraising projects for the benefit of the Dance Program.
8. Parents and older dancers are encouraged to attend Board meetings and participate in any discussion.
9. All dancers are required to regularly participate and perform in costume at dance group organized events.
10. Dancers are eligible to be elected “team captain” to represent their group on the Board.
11. Dancers should NOT eat, drink, smoke, or curse while in their costume.